A former NAFTA negotiator weighs in on the Trans-Pacific Partnership, and Ira Shapiro argues it will benefit the American economy and put us in a better position to compete with China. With the Supreme Court ready to end its term with a flurry of important decisions, legal expert Ian Millhiser concludes that, historically, the Court has sided against the good guys. And Bill Press interviews Congresswoman Jackie Speier, an opponent of TPP.
- June 7, 2015 Former trade negotiator Ira Shapiro says fears about the TPP are exaggerated … Judicial analyst Ian Millhiser indicts the Supreme Court. And Bill Press interviews TPP opponent Congresswoman Jackie Speier.
- Ira Shapiro Ira Shapiro negotiated the North American Free Trade Agreement. He tells us why he thinks the very controversial Trans Pacific Partnership is necessary, and that it is not as bad as progressives have made it out to be.
- Ian Millhiser Ian Millhiser has written extensively about the Supreme Court. As the nine Justices finish this term with important rulings, he says that, time and time again, the good guys lose in the highest court in the land.
- Jackie Speier Bill Press and his guest, Congresswoman Jackie Speier, discuss the TPP.
- Jim Hightower Feingold to Snowden to Paul: Curtailing the Patriot Act.