With Congress back in session and an election coming up, journalist Chuck McCutcheon is here to interpret political euphemisms, explaining why calling someone “my good friend” is usually a lie. Janine Wedel, author of a new book about political accountability says the conviction of former Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell is an example of a new kind of corruption – violation of the public trust. And Bill Press interviews journalist Christina Bellantoni about Democratic prospects for retaining the Senate.
- Sep. 7, 2014 Journalist Chuck McCutcheon decodes Washington-speak … anthropologist Janine Wedel decodes the world of shadow lobbyists. And Bill Press interviews Christina Bellantoni, editor of Roll Call.
- Chuck McCutcheon Political reporter Chuck McCutcheon has written a dictionary of Washington euphemisms … or dog whistles as he calls them … to help us understand the Kabuki theater of Congress and the election campaigns.
- Janine Wedel Anthropologist Janine Wedel says the widespread loss of faith in institutions in America resembles Eastern Europe under late-stage communism.
- Christina Bellantoni Bill Press and his guest, Christina Bellantoni, editor of Roll Call.
- Jim Hightower "Tough Texas" wimps out in Pentagon giveaway.
To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin.