Fred Harris is the last surviving member of the 1968 Kerner Commission on civil disorders. He says race relations and poverty have regressed since the Reagan administration. Journalist Ari Berman has a new book about how Republicans are imposing voting restrictions, and he tells us how Jeb Bush and Ted Cruz kept blacks from voting in the tainted 2000 presidential election. And the Bill Press show features an interview by Igor Volsky of journalist Amanda Terkel about Bernie Sanders and pot.
- November 1, 2015 Fred Harris on the fruits of the Kerner Commission … Ari Berman on Republican attempts to keep Democrats from voting … and a Bill Press Show interview with Amanda Terkel about Bernie Sanders and pot.
- Fred Harris Former Senator Fred Harris served on the Kerner Commission on civil disorders almost half a century ago. Now he says the progress that was made in race relations and fighting poverty stopped in the Reagan administration.
- Ari Berman Journalist Ari Berman has written a book called “Give Us the Ballot.” He details for us the long, sordid record of Republicans – including Jeb Bush, Ted Cruz and John Roberts – in preventing minorities from voting.
- Amanda Terkel Igor Volsky interviews journalist Amanda Terkel on the Bill Press Show about Bernie Sanders and his position on marijuana.
- Jim Hightower What's the price on Jeb Bush's "integrity"?