If you think John Boehner’s lawsuit against the president will be laughed out of court, wait till you find out that when YOU try to sue, it’s no laughing matter. Lina Khan tells you why. President Obama’s first technology adviser Aneesh Chopra has some advice on how partnerships between the feds and corporations can improve government services. Finally, Bill Press interviews D.C. “Mayor for Life” Marion Barry.
- Jul. 20, 2014 GOP sues Obama but can YOU sue anyone anymore? Lina Khan says no. Tech innovator Aneesh Chopra offers lessons on government data collection. And Bill Press interviews Washington, D.C.’s “Mayor for Life” Marion Barry
- Lina Khan When you sign up for cable, join a gym or buy a phone you have given up your right to sue. Policy analyst Lina Khan explains how the courts let us sign away our legal rights.
- Aneesh Chopra There’s a lot of negative talk about government efficiency, but President Obama’s first chief technology officer, Aneesh Chopra, says innovation can and will improve things.
- Marion Barry Bill Press and his guest, Washington, D.C.’s “Mayor for Life.”
- Jim Hightower Warning: Boehner at work!