One of the past year’s biggest religious stories was the visit of Pope Francis to the United States, and lay Catholic commentator Fred Rotondaro assesses his message. Political analyst Lee Drutman tells us what’s wrong with our political system … partly the quality of the candidates. And Bill Press interviews West Wing Reports editor Paul Brandus about President Obama’s year.
- December 27, 2015 Fred Rotondaro assesses Pope Francis and Paul Ryan … Lee Drutman answers the question of what kind of person runs for president … and Bill Press talks with Paul Brandus of West Wing Reports.
- Fred Rotondaro Fred Rotondaro, a regular commentator here, and chair of Catholics in Alliance for the Common Good, says Pope Francis is setting a standard that Catholic progressives, and the Church hierarchy, have to follow up on.
- Lee Drutman Political scientist Lee Drutman analyzes what’s wrong with our political system and asks the question: “Who wants to run for president?” The answer? “Only crazy people.”
- Paul Brandus Bill Press interviews West Wing Reports editor Paul Brandus.
- Jim Hightower Turning human misery into corporate profits.