Political scientist and Congress-watcher Lee Drutman assesses the House Republicans under new Speaker Paul Ryan. Regular commentator Fred Rotondaro says the Republicans’ biggest problem is that they are looking for brutally simplistic answers to complicated issues. And Bill Press interviews USA Today’s Susan Page on a new book about George H.W. Bush … and his son.
- November 8, 2015 Lee Drutman says Paul Ryan may be in for a surprise … Fred Rotondaro says the Republican presidential candidates are looking for answers that are too simplistic … and Bill Press interviews Susan Page about the new book on the Bushes.
- Lee Drutman Political scientist Lee Drutman wonders how long it will take for Paul Ryan to come to the same conclusion as John Boehner – that the Freedom Caucus is made up of “crazy people” who he will not listen to.
- Fred Rotondaro Regular commentator Fred Rotondaro surveys the presidential field and says Bernie Sanders doesn’t have a great shot and that Trump and Carson are taking advantage of their party’s need for honesty.
- Susan Page Bill Press interviews USA Today’s Susan Page about the Presidents Bush.
- Jim Hightower Warning: Pink ribbons don’t cure breast cancer.