Winning the independents … stimulating the economy … and taking back the House.
- Linda Killian There is some question as to whether there really are a lot of truly independent voters. Journalist and scholar Linda Killian, who has studied them in four key swing states, says they may constitute up to 25 percent of the electorate. She says they are socially moderate, fiscally conservative and leaning toward President Obama on national security issues.
- Robert Shiller Robert Shiller, professor of economics at Yale University, says cutting taxes and cutting spending will devastate America and bring on another recession. He also says it is a mistake of the first order to compare a household budget with a national budget. It will only make things worse, he says.
- Robby Mook Bill Press talks about prospects for taking back the House with Robby Mook, director of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.
- Jim Hightower Jim Hightower takes a look at how Romney unveiled his energy policy in front of workers instead of in the Exxon boardroom, where it belongs.
- Sept. 9, 2012 Winning the independents, stimulating the economy, and taking back the House.