Pediatrician Nina Agrawal explains her fight to get Congress to start funding research on gun safety. Former ambassador for global women’s issues Melanne Verveer describes women’s issues as the same issues important to all human beings. And Bill Press interviews Congressman David Cicilline about gun safety legislation.
- January 10, 2016 Gun safety is at the top of the national agenda, and ours, too. Pediatrician Nina Agrawals points out that cars are regulated but no one wants to take your car away. Women’s advocate Melanne Verveer says investing in women improves the economy. And Bill Press interviews gun safety advocate Congressman David Cicilline.
- Nina Agrawal Nina Agrawal is a pediatrician who advocates a resumption of federal funding for research on preventing gun violence. She says it worked for car safety, fire safety and bicycle safety.
- Melanne Verveer Women’s issues are the same issues that all human beings want to see addressed in their lives, says former ambassador Melanne Verveer.
- David Cicilline Bill Press interviews Congressman David Cicilline about gun safety legislation.
- Jim Hightower The wall of campaign dishonesty.