Harvard Professor Ryan Enos has studied what happens when racial or ethnic groups live and work in close proximity. The results are not always positive, and that’s a potential problem for maintaining the Obama voting coalition.
Former House Democratic whip David Bonior laments the decline of social justice and the ravaging of labor unions.
- May 12, 2013 Professor Ryan Enos says watch out for voter backlash. David Bonior wants more focus on social justice. And Rep. Rosa DeLauro discusses dinner with the president.
- Ryan Enos There is potential trouble for the Democratic coalition that re-elected President Obama, says Harvard Professor Ryan Enos. He reports on evidence that as people from different races or ethnic groups get together, they don’t always stay together.
- David Bonior David Bonior was the longest serving elected party whip in the history of the House of Representatives. Now long retired, he has some suggestions on how to improve the place – including a change of heart on term limits.
- Rosa DeLauro Bill Press and his guest Representative Rosa DeLauro talk about a meeting between President Obama and House Democrats.
- Jim Hightower Diverting shareholder funds into "dark money" politics.