It’s a part of our shared culture, and author Sheryl Kaskowitz tells us how “God Bless America” became such a powerful symbol. Regular contributor Fred Rotondaro says we are at a tipping point in America’s understanding of the corporate war against working people. And Bill Press interviews Congressman Chris Van Hollen on the new budget deal.
- Dec. 15, 2013 Music historian Sheryl Kaskowitz on “God Bless America,” Fred Rotondaro on the corporate war on working people and Congressman Chris Van Hollen on the budget deal.
- Sheryl Kaskowitz Author Sheryl Kaskowitz takes a historical and cultural look at how “God Bless America” became popular and came to serve political purposes.
- Fred Rotondaro Regular contributor Fred Rotondaro gives us the lowdown on the takeover of American politics by corporate interests and their war on both politics and morality.
- Chris Van Hollen Bill Press and his guest, Maryland Congressman Chris Van Hollen.
- Jim Hightower Wall Street regulator replaced by Wall Street conciliator.