Seventy years after the first and only military use of atomic bombs, historian David Kennedy says they proved not to be a useful weapon. And, he says, today’s biggest threat is not nuclear war but climate change. Climate change is on the mind of energy expert Michael Levi, who says that the benefits of President Obama’s new plan to restrict carbon emissions will exceed the costs. And Bill Press interviews North Carolina Congressman David Price on the Iran nuclear agreement.
- August 9, 2015 Climate change -- historian David Kennedy says it is the biggest national security threat, and energy guru Michael Levi says renewable energy will not solve the whole problem.
- David Kennedy Historian David Kennedy says the biggest threat to national security is not terrorism, cyberwarfare or nuclear weapons … rather, it is climate change.
- Michael Levi Michael Levi, an expert on the effects of carbon emissions on climate change, says he doesn’t think the use of renewable energy will solve the whole problem.
- David Price Bill Press and North Carolina Congressman David Price discuss the Iran deal.
- Jim Hightower "Non-candidate" campaigns dominate 2016 presidential race.