Why is it that our opponents so steadfastly ignore the truth? Political scientist Arthur Lupia is an expert on ignorance, and he says it’s because people care more about values than about facts. With Scott Walker out of the presidential race and polls showing stronger support for unions, labor leader David Rolf is optimistic about a number of trends, including raising the minimum wage. And journalist Alex Seitz-Wald talks with Bill Press about U.S.-Chinese relations.
- September 27, 2015 Arthur Lupia on the pull of political ignorance … David Rolf on workers’ rights in the new economy … and Bill Press interviews journalist Alex Seitz-Wald.
- Arthur Lupia Professor Arthur Lupia explains why facts don’t matter in political discussions. He says if progressives don’t speak to voters about values, it is unlikely they will listen.
- David Rolf West Coast union leader David Rolf is optimistic that Congress will eventually follow all the states that are tired of waiting and are raising the minimum wage on their own.
- Alex Seitz-Wald Bill Press and his guest, journalist Alex Seitz-Wald.
- Jim Hightower A flagrant liar for president?