Inequality is now on the agenda for the Republican Party, too, but labor lawyer and activist Tom Geoghegan says it is “baloney.” Political analyst Ed Kilgore says the fact that Marco Rubio is considered a moderate is about all anyone needs to know about the Republican Party. And Bill Press guest hosts Peter Ogburn and Meredith Shiner discuss presidential politics.
- January 3, 2015 Labor expert Tom Geoghegan calls GOP interest in working people “baloney.” Progressive political analyst Ed Kilgore assesses Hillary Clinton’s prospects. And, sitting in for Bill Press, Peter Ogburn and Meredith Shiner review the year in politics.
- Tom Geoghegan Labor lawyer Tom Geoghegan thinks Republican “faux populism” is a good sign for Democrats … because we own the issue.
- Ed Kilgore Political analyst Ed Kilgore says despite some progressives’ disdain for Hillary Clinton, she is on course for the Democratic nomination, and the White House.
- Meredith Shiner Bill Press guest hosts Peter Ogburn and Meredith Shiner review the year in politics.
- Jim Hightower Hello Congress: Meet your poverty-wage food servers.