Prominent presidential historian Julian Zelizer reflects on Jimmy Carter’s legacy, as the former president turns 91 years old. As President Obama imposes new anti-smog rules, Hillary Clinton comes out against the Keystone pipeline, and Shell Oil departs the Arctic Circle, energy expert Michael Levi explains the economics of energy production. And Congresswoman Jackie Speier tells Bill Press she expects a government shutdown just before Christmas.
- October 4, 2015 Historian Julian Zelizer on the legacy of Jimmy Carter … energy expert Michael Levi on the Keystone pipeline and fracking … and Bill Press interviews Congresswoman Jackie Speier.
- Julian Zelizer Historian Julian Zelizer says Jimmy Carter cares deeply about policy … and there was no way he was going to sit quietly during his post-presidency.
- Michael Levi Michael Levi, a senior fellow at the Council for Foreign Relations, says we focus too much attention on the telegenic, rather than the important, environmental aspects of energy production.
- Jackie Speier Bill Press and his guest, Congresswoman Jackie Speier of California.
- Jim Hightower Who will oversee Volkswagen's overseers?