Sociology professor David Grusky says the growing income inequality is bad for the economy – no matter how much they make. Professor Aaron Schutz tells us about the history of community organizing, how complaining about lack of cable TV can lead to action against rat-infested apartments. And Bill Press talks with Maryland Congressman Chris van Hollen.
- October 25, 2015 David Grusky tells how inequality is passed down from generation to generation … Aaron Schutz talks about the father of community organizing, Saul Alinsky … and Bill Press interviews Congressman Chris van Hollen.
- David Grusky The waste of talent due to income inequality in America harms the overall economy, says professor David Grusky.
- Aaron Schutz Community organizing is a little known part of the democratic process, and professor Aaron Schutz says it is an activity aimed at reform, not revolution.
- Chris van Hollen Bill Press and his guest, Maryland Congressman Chris van Hollen
- Jim Hightower How much "free speech" can you buy?