Historian Ron Formisano explains what plutocracy is and how we are currently governed by it. Constitutional expert Garrett Epps reviews voting rights and the missing voice of Congress in foreign policy. And Bill Press talks with Ohio Senator Sherrod Brown about the Trans Pacific Partnership and the first Democratic debate of the 2016 presidential race.
- October 18, 2015 Historian Ron Formisano describes plutocracy … legal expert Garrett Epps explains the loss of voting rights … and Bill Press interviews Senator Sherrod Brown on the TPP.
- Ron Formisano Distinguished historian Ron Formisano has written a book about plutocracy and says we are in a new “gilded age” when the state and federal governments are up for sale.
- Garrett Epps Garrett Epps teaches law, and he says Republicans are now committed to suppressing the vote and ignoring the congressional role in national security.
- Sherrod Brown Bill Press and his guest, Ohio Senator Sherrod Brown.
- Jim Hightower Ryan bitten on the butt by his own mad dogs.