With Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders railing against privilege in America, sociologist Isaac Martin reviews how the rich have organized themselves into a powerful lobby. Another sociologist, Caroline Lee, explains the concept of “do-it-yourself democracy” and how it might help with relations between police and civilians. And Bill Press interviews Assistant House Democratic Leader Jim Clyburn.
- Aug. 2, 2015 Isaac Martin on rich peoples’ movements, Caroline Lee on “do-it-yourself democracy” and Bill Press with Congressman Jim Clyburn.
- Isaac Martin Professor Isaac Martin has studied one particular economic trend in American history and tells us about that, and the topic of his book “The Rich People’s Movements.”
- Caroline Lee Sociologist Caroline Lee thinks that the idea of public engagement, or do-it-yourself democracy, can bring people together to transform basic relationships, such as between police and the community.
- Jim Clyburn Bill Press and his guest, Assistant House Democratic Leader Jim Clyburn.
- Jim Hightower Don't TPP on me.