With President Obama’s Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement still showing signs of life in Congress, Ira Shapiro, a former Clinton administration trade official, says an agreement will let the United States, not China, set labor and environmental regulations. Anthropologist Richard Perry denounces the pseudo-science of biological determinism – the idea that genes determine the outcomes of your life. And Bill Press interviews fellow radio host and humorist Stephanie Miller.
- Jul. 12, 2015 Ira Shapiro in favor of the Trans-Pacific Partnership … Richard Perry on racism as a social disease … and Bill Press with humorist Stephanie Miller.
- Ira Shapiro Ira Shapiro was a trade official in the Clinton Administration, and he says the Trans-Pacific Partnership is a good deal for America and that failure would be great for China.
- Richard Perry Anthropologist Richard Perry looks at the political motives of those who think that genes, and race, determine how humans behave. If you think people can’t change, he says, it’s a good argument for opposing change.
- Stephanie Miller Bill Press and his guest, progressive radio host Stephanie Miller.
- Jim Hightower Chris Christie: A constantly-lying "truth teller".