“Bowling Alone” author Robert Putnam has a new book out in which he talks about two very separate American worlds – the rich world and the poor world. With the President’s immigration program held up in the courts, Latina activist Eileen Truax tells us who the Dreamers are and why they are so important. And Bill Press interviews USA Today’s Susan Page.
- May 31, 2015 Author Robert Putnam on the rich world and the poor world … Latina activist Eileen Truax on immigration … and Bill Press interviews USA Today’s Susan Page
- Robert Putnam Harvard professor and bestselling author Robert Putnam says Democrats dropped the ball a long time ago by refusing to recognize that family structure and class – not race – was the main determinant of poverty.
- Eileen Truax Eileen Truax is a Latina journalist and activist who has written about the Dreamers. With President Obama’s immigration policy under attack in the courts, she says many immigrants come to America not just for economic reasons but to escape violence in their home countries.
- Susan Page Bill Press and his guest, Susan Page of USA Today.
- Jim Hightower Far from "liberalizing" global policies, TPP is corporatizing.