At this patriotic time of year, celebrating Memorial Day, journalist David Shipler says President Obama’s campaign against whistleblowing reminds him of covering Cold War Russia. Sociology professor Andrew Cherlin, at this time of graduations and weddings, notes that the growing economic disparity is having a negative effect on higher education and marriage rates. And Congressman Dan Kildee takes on the president over trade in an interview on the Bill Press show.
- May 5, 2015 First amendment expert David Shipler says covering Washington is like covering Cold War Russia … sociology professor Andrew Cherlin ties a drop in college graduation and marriage to the growing income gap … and Congressman Dan Kildee assails the president on trade in a Bill Press Show interview.
- David Shipler Barack Obama promised to be the most transparent president, but journalist David Shipler writes that this liberal constitutional lawyer has made covering national security like trying to cover Moscow during the Cold War.
- Andrew Cherlin Sociology professor Andrew Cherlin says that family life is shrinking along with the middle class because young people can’t afford to get married and devote time to children.
- Dan Kildee Congressman Dan Kildee assails the president on trade in a Bill Press Show interview.
- Jim Hightower Big Food trying a big hoax.