Barney Frank says that a repeal of the Wall Street reform act that bears his name will never happen as long as a Democrat is president. Professor Lee Drutman has written a book about the power of lobbyists, and he says Congress is merely a farm league for K Street. And Bill Press interviews 4th-ranking House Democrat Xavier Becerra about the Trans Pacific Partnership … and his own Senate aspirations.
- May 17, 2015 Barney Frank says his Wall Street reforms are working … Lee Drutman says Congress is a farm league for K Street. And Bill Press gets Congressman Xavier Becerra to consider a Senate run.
- Barney Frank How has the Dodd-Frank Wall Street reform act worked out? Very well, says co-author Barney Frank, who also has some thoughts about the situation in Baltimore, the lack of affordable housing … and police unions.
- Lee Drutman Corporate lobbyists spend 34 times as much money trying to influence Congress as does the combination of organized labor and public interest groups. And professor Lee Drutman says that means corporations have every seat at every table.
- Xavier Becerra And now Bill Press and his guest, California congressman Xavier Becerra.
- Jim Hightower The secret coalition pushing the secretive TPP scam.