Harvard professor Robert Putnam, of “Bowling Alone” fame, talks with us about his new book about saving our children from the effects of a growing opportunity gap. Berkeley economist Barry Eichengreen explains how the power of money in shaping public policy has put the American economic system at risk. And Bill Press interviews Congresswoman Cheri Bustos about equal pay for women.
- April 19, 2015 Robert Putnam on the growing opportunity gap, Barry Eichengreen on watching out for the banking industry … and Bill Press with Congresswoman Cheri Bustos.
- Robert Putnam Harvard Professor Robert Putnam says it isn’t income inequality so much that we should be worried about but “opportunity inequality” – the economic and cultural class segregation that violates the core of America’s identity.
- Barry Eichengreen Some fairly weak new regulations on the banking industry after the Great Recession might limit future booms and busts, but Berkeley economist Barry Eichengreen says achieving financial stability is still a long way off.
- Cheri Bustos Bill Press and his guest Congresswoman Cheri Bustos.
- Jim Hightower Message to TPP elites: Secret government is Un-American.