What has happened to the middle class? Author Joel Kotkin says the issue of class itself eats at the fabric of America. Sociologist Chad Broughton offers a case study of how NAFTA helped destroy middle class jobs in manufacturing. And Bill Press talks with progressive strategist Brad Woodhouse about 2016.
- December 14, 2014 Joel Kotkin on the issue of class in America … Chad Broughton on the loss of middle class jobs … and Bill Press with political strategist Brad Woodhouse.
- Joel Kotkin Joel Kotkin is an internationally recognized authority on global, economic, political and social trends. He says the issue of class – and the widening income gap – is destroying the American economy.
- Chad Broughton How did America lose one-third of its manufacturing jobs in just 10 years? Sociologist Chad Broughton uses the move of a huge Maytag plant to Mexico as an example of NAFTA helping to wreck the lower middle class.
- Brad Woodhouse Bill Press and his guest, political strategist Brad Woodhouse.
- Jim Hightower Why won't the CIA even say the word "torture"?
To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin.