Who runs America? This week’s guests – author Joel Kotkin and Professor Janine Wedel — say it is an elite that is sometimes progressive and sometimes corporate, but in either case unaccountable to the public. And Bill Press talks with Joe Romm, a climate expert, about the U.S.-China agreement to cut carbon emissions.
- November 16, 2014 Kotkin on the liberal elites that run America but lose elections, Wedel on the unseen institutional elites that run America. And Bill Press talks with climate expert Joe Romm.
- Joel Kotkin Author Joel Kotkin describes the growing power of a Democratic Party elite composed of bureaucrats, professors and media whose ideology thrills people in Manhattan and Malibu but is out of touch with the rest of America.
- Janine Wedel All those talking heads on TV? Who are they? Anthropologist Janine Wedel tells us. They are elitists in politics, the military, academia and nonprofits who have hidden agendas and are unaccountable to the public.
- Joe Romm Bill Press and his guest, climate expert Joe Romm of the Center for American Progress.
- Jim Hightower Wall Street sodbusters reap farm profits.
To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin.