As the nation marks Constitution Day this week, legal scholar Jack Balkin of Yale University says conservative judges keep making up things that aren’t IN the Constitution and imagine a country that never existed. Antitrust expert Lina Khan tells us how the courts have taken away Americans’ right to sue corporations. And Bill Press interviews anti-war Congresswoman Barbara Lee.
- September 14, 2014 Is Chief Justice John Roberts crazy? Why can’t we take corporations to court? The answers to these dilemmas come from constitutional scholar Jack Balkin and antitrust expert Lina Khan. And Bill Press talks with Congresswoman Barbara Lee.
- Jack Balkin Law professor Jack Balkin, on the anniversary of the Constitution’s ratification, says the opinion of Supreme Court Justice John Roberts allowing unlimited political donations is “just crazy”
- Lina Khan Antitrust expert Lina Khan says the right to sue should be a fundamental conservative idea … but with help from Democrats, conservatives have virtually guaranteed that consumers can’t even go to court when corporations steamroll them.
- Barbara Lee Bill Press and his guest, California Congresswoman Barbara Lee.
- Jim Hightower What job creation numbers don’t tell us.
To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin.