Another Labor Day, but what’s to celebrate? Professor Gordon Lafer says issues like the minimum wage, a living wage and paid sick days are winning issues politically and progressive candidates should call out big business – and win. Antitrust expert Sandeep Vaheesan calls out what he says is a corporate conspiracy, aided and abetted by Democrats, to trash the nation’s anti-monopoly laws. And Bill Press interviews Democratic strategist Erikka Knuti.
- August 31, 2014 Professor Gordon Lafer reviews the corporate war against labor. Antitrust expert Sandeep Vaheesan reveals a corporate conspiracy to repeal the laws against monopolies. And Bill Press interviews Democratic consultant Erikka Knuti.
- Gordon Lafer As we commemorate another Labor Day, professor Gordon Lafer reminds us that unions gave us the minimum wage, the 8-hour day, and child labor laws – all of which were opposed by the Chamber of Commerce, which continues to oppose what most working Americans demand.
- Sandheep Vaheesan Antitrust expert Sandheep Vaheesan reveals how a corporate conspiracy has turned consumers into opponents of government regulation and let monopolies run wild.
- Erikka Knuti Bill Press and his guest, political analyst Erikka Knuti.
- Jim Hightower Labor Day lesson: there's no such thing as a "consumer".
To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin.