Sean Faircloth is a former state legislator and now an advocate for separation of church and state. He says that the intrusion of religion into government can have deadly consequences. Economist George Tyler tells us what went wrong with the American economy. One short answer, he says, is “stock options.” And Bill Press interviews Danny Kanner of the Democratic Governors Association about how the Virginia race could be a bellwether for Democratic gains next year.
- Oct. 27, 2013 The rise of a theocratic America … the decline of the American economy … and a preview of the 2014 gubernatorial races.
- Sean Faircloth Washington, Adams and Jefferson could not be elected president today because they didn’t profess a belief in God, says secularist Sean Faircloth. And, says the former state legislator, religion intrusion into policy can cause the death of children.
- George Tyler What caused the Great Recession? Former World Bank economist George Tyler has a few answers for us, but mainly he says it was the development of stock options for management – making the goal a spike in quarterly profits.
- Danny Kanner Bill Press and his guest, Danny Kanner of the Democratic Governors Association.
- Jim Hightower The Ignoble Prize For Agriculture.