Today we go back into history to discuss with two presidential scholars perhaps the greatest president of all time, Franklin D. Roosevelt, and some of the worst, or most forgotten, gentlemen to occupy the White House. And Bill Press talks with Joe Cirincione, president of the Ploughshares Fund.
- Aug. 11, 2013 One historian examines the political skills of Franklin D. Roosevelt … another tells us who the worst president in history was.
- Ira Katznelson President Franklin D. Roosevelt had to make some unsavory political compromises to establish the New Deal. Historian Ira Katznelson tells us about that, and he calls for progressives to become more imaginative and galvanize a new New Deal.
- Michael Gerhardt Americans disagree about who was the greatest U.S. president, but we pay little attention to the worst. Presidential historian Michael Gerhardt's book “The Forgotten Presidents" takes a look at the least among them.
- Joe Cirincione Bill Press and his guest, Ploughshares Fund President Joe Cirincione.
- Jim Hightower Motorcycling an anti-woman agenda into law.