Two issues at the forefront of American political discussion this week – race and the economy.
Author Andrew Levison takes us on a tour of the white working class, and, with talk swirling about a replacement for Ben Bernanke, former Fed official Stephen Axilrod says the economy is inching forward.
And Bill Press talks with Melanie Sloan about the nation’s most ethically challenged governors. And guess which party they belong to?
- July 28, 2013 Race and the economy. It’s the white working class Democrats need to win over, says one expert. Another says the economy is coming around, but slowly.
- Andrew Levison Progressive author Andrew Levison says that Democrats desperately need votes in 2014 from people who now vote Republican. Who are they? He says they are the white working class, and they are not as conservative as we may think.
- Stephen Axilrod Stephen Axilrod was a top official of the Federal Reserve Board for 30 years. He has written a book explaining how the Fed works, and he says, despite everything, it does work pretty well.
- Melanie Sloan Bill Press talks with Melanie Sloan about the nation’s most ethically challenged governors. And guess which party they belong to?
- Jim Hightower Cutting the poor while subsidizing millionaires.