Our guest Michael Linden of the Center for American Progress maintains that it is conservatives, not liberals, who are blocking entitlement reform. And a conservative retired colonel criticizes President Obama’s foreign policy – for being too militaristic and for continuing America’s reliance on a national security state. And Bill Press talks about climate change and energy policy with the National Journal’s Coral Davenport.
- July 7, 2013 Surprising answers on who is really blocking entitlement reform … and on whether President Obama’s foreign policy is really different than that of his predecessors.
- Michael Linden Michael Linden directs the economic policy shop at the Center for American Progress and explains that sometimes deficits matter and sometimes they don’t. And right now they don’t.
- Andrew Bacevich Andrew Bacevich was a lieutenant colonel in the Army and is now a military historian. He says President Obama is a product of the national security state’s mainstream because he believes that war is the preferred instrument of American statecraft.
- Coral Davenport Bill Press and his guest, Coral Davenport of the National Journal.
- Jim Hightower A "People's Filibuster" in Texas awakens a movement.