At a time when many progressives are quarreling with President Obama’s penchant for compromise, a historian reminds us that Franklin D. Roosevelt made unpleasant compromises to achieve larger goals of economic and political freedom.
Progressive commentator Catherine Poe comments on political characters, and says Michele Bachmann isn’t really gone.
And Bill Press interviews Congressman Keith Ellison about government snooping.
- June 16, 2013 The perils of compromise, al a FDR … Chris Christie finds out that government works … Congressman outraged at NSA.
- Ira Katznelson Columbia University Professor Ira Katznelson has a new book out contending that Franklin D. Roosevelt compromised – collaborated if you will – with southern racists in Congress but he did so to help establish farther reaching economic and racial justice.
- Catherine Poe Michele Bachmann? Chris Christie? Hillary Clinton? Our regular commentator Catherine Poe has some sharp insights into all of them.
- Keith Ellison Bill Press and his guest, Minnesota Congressman Keith Ellison.
- Jim Hightower The biggest shock of NSA's secret domestic spying.