It’s time for a true progressive to run the nation’s largest city, and New York mayoral candidate Bill de Blasio, endorsed by 21st Century Democrats, plans to be just the one to do it. Foreign policy expert Professor Mark Katz says Russia can still play a key role in resolving the crisis in Syria. And Bill Press interviews Kentucky Congressman John Yarmuth.
- June 9, 2013 Bill de Blasio says it takes a progressive to run New York City. Professor Mark Katz looks to Russia to help stop the slaughter in Syria.
- Bill de Blasio Bill de Blasio is the elected public advocate of New York City, and he is running for mayor. He says it’s time for more profoundly progressive policies in the Big Apple, and 21st Century Democrats agrees.
- Mark Katz America’s hesitancy about taking action in Syria leaves plenty of room for the Russians to get involved. That’s the view of foreign policy Professor Mark Katz, who says the best America might be able to do on its own is to “contain” Syria.
- John Yarmuth Bill Press and his guest, Congressman John Yarmuth of Kentucky, on military sexual assaults, and the president's new national security and judicial appointments.
- Jim Hightower Seeing things at the Jersey Shore.
|Bill de Blasio|