One of the world’s leading international economists destroys Republican claims that America’s debt will cause us to become like Greece or Italy or some other economic basket case. He says it’s like saying RG3’s injured knee means he will wind up in a nursing home.
There’s no chance Barack Obama will be forgotten to history, but what factors make a president forgettable? Government professor Michael Gerhardt gives us a rundown on the most forgotten of our chief executives.
- May 19, 2013 Adam Posen compares the economy to RG-3. Remember Millard Fillmore? Professor Michael Gerhardt does. Congresswoman Speier says get sex cases out of the military chain of command.
- Adam Posen Adam Posen is president of the world’s leading independent economic think tank, and he says Repuiblicans are “fundamentally crazy” when they predict that the national debt will send the United States the way of Greece. Such a comparison “is beyond apples and oranges,” and he explains why.
- Michael Gerhardt While President Obama may be facing some issues he’d like to forget, there’s no chance he will be forgotten by history. Author Michael Gerhardt has studied and listed the most forgotten of American presidents … and explains how they got that way.
- Jackie Speier Bill Press and his guest, Congresswoman Jackie Speier, who demands that military rape cases be removed from the chain of command.
- Jim Hightower Cantor's con would steal workers' overtime pay.