Today, some straight talk from a couple of former Democratic congressmen. Tom Allen, from Maine, argues that bad things happen when lawmakers ignore evidence. Mike Barnes of Maryland, a foreign policy expert, says we need to rethink our policy toward Cuba, and the rest of Latin America.
- Mar. 3, 2013 Wisdom from congressional alumni on domestic and foreign policy … and a new senator urges common sense on sequestration.
- Tom Allen Tom Allen is a former Congressman from Maine who has written a book about why Congress is broken. Not surprisingly, he makes the argument that Republicans, and their disregard for evidence of what works, is to blame.
- Mike Barnes How do you hasten the end of Cuba’s dictatorship? Former Congressman Mike Barnes, an expert on Latin America, says send cruise ships full of tourists, send business leaders. He argues that an influx of American dollars makes it less possible for a dictatorship to survive.
- Tammy Baldwin Bill Press and his guest, Wisconsin Senator Tammy Baldwin the day before sequestration took effect.
- Jim Hightower The new boom in mergers: A boom for whom?