Economist James K. Galbraith talks about the “mania” on the right to cut Social Security and Medicare, which he says will only further weaken the purchasing power of the elderly.
Gas prices are going through the roof … and Steven Coll, president of the New America Foundation, has written a book exposing how Exxon Mobil determines both the price of gasoline and U.S. foreign policy.
And Bill Press talks with an expert on the Chinese hacking of America.
- Feb. 24, 2013 Will a $12 an hour minimum wage work? $5 a gallon of gas certainly does not. Nor does Chinese computer theft of America’s secrets.
- James K. Galbraith James K. Galbraith, a world famous economist, sheds some light for us about the effects of any cuts in Medicare or Social Security … and he makes the case for a minimum wage of $12 an hour.
- Steven Coll Now, with gas prices on everyone’s mind, we’ll hear from Steven Coll, author of a book exposing how Exxon Mobil influences U.S. energy and foreign policy. He says that over the decades, the U.S. government has not achieved its energy objectives, but Exxon has.
- Dan McWhorter Bill Press guest Dan McWhorter, a computer expert, reveals how China is stealing America’s intellectual property.
- Jim Hightower The GOP's disdain for low-wage workers.
|James K. Galbraith|