Did you know that Democratic “bosses” made FDR accept Harry Truman as vice president? Did you know that Truman was “very anti-Semitic and racist”? Did you know that Japan did not surrender primarily because of the atom bomb? These are parts of “The Untold History of the United States,” a book and Showtime series coauthored by Oliver Stone and our guest today, Professor Peter Kuznick.
Columnist Catherine Poe reviews the Republican version of the DREAM Act, and tells us -– thankfully — it has no chance of enactment.
- Dec. 9, 2012 A provocative take on untold stories of American history ,and provocative ideas from the GOP on immigration and from progressives on taxes and spending.
- Peter Kuznick A new book and Showtime Television series presents an “Untold” story of American history, Co-author Peter Kuznick, tells us that Democratic party bosses, the British and the French hated FDR’s vice president Henry Wallace because he was anti-Wall Street and anti-fascist.The result, he says, was the atom bomb and the Cold War.
- Catherine Poe Some Senate Republicans are offering an alternative to the Dream Act as a way of loosening immigration restrictions. Regular contributor and columnist Catherine Poe says it not only fails to lead to citizenship, it fails to have any chance of passage.
- Michael Linden Bill Press interviews tax expert Michael Linden of the Center for American Progress about a solution to the budget and deficit problem.
- Jim Hightower Boehner's pitiful budget pitches...