- Sept. 30, 2012 Timothy Noah examines the American Dream, which no longer exists for some. Ira Shapiro says, despite GOP claims, trade policy is not usually an important election issue. Bill Press talks with Politico’s Ginger Gibson about the GOP's sudden distrust of public opinion polls. And Jim Hightower comments on the uninsured and emergency rooms.
- Timothy Noah After examining economic statistics from the past 40 years, essayist Timothy Noah finds that the vaunted “American Dream” of upward mobility is a thing of the past. And he has a few bold ideas for getting the dream back.
- Ira Shapiro International trade may not be the issue on which the presidential campaign turns, but it is a surrogate for the overall economy. Trade expert Ira Shapiro explains some of the issues, and wonders how a President Romney could face down China and not blow up the entire relationship.
- Ginger Gibson Bill Press interviews Politico’s Ginger Gibson, who has been covering Mitt Romney, about the GOP's sudden mistrust of polls.
- Jim Hightower Common Sense Commentary on Mitt Romney's statement that those without health insurance can always go to emergency rooms, a definite change of position for the former governor of Massachusetts.